Patients facing progressive cancer often experience significant challenges in the management of pain, depression, fatigue and other symptoms, such as nausea and vomiting, shortness of breath or sleep disturbances. When cancer or its treatment is causing significant symptoms or stress for patients and their families, it may be time to consider in-home, palliative or hospice care supportive services.
If you or a loved one have any of these signs or symptoms from cancers like throat, stomach, bone, leukemia, lymphoma or many others, let us help you connect with cancer resource services:
- Cancer is widespread or locally advanced
- Treatments, chemotherapy and/or cancer medications are no longer effective or are causing a significant symptom burden
- Progressive, unintentional weight loss
- Desire not to initiate or continue treatment
- Uncontrolled or increasing cancer symptoms are affecting quality of life
For additional information, you can call (716) 431-3300 or email us at info@CareNavigatorsBuffalo.org.